Monday 20 May 2013

WHAT IS GOOD - final images

Here are the final images for my range of products for this brief. Overall, I am extremely happy with my finished products, and believe that they work extremely well in conjunction with the app, and target a specific audience. 

In order to help minimise mess, I wanted to look into a number of different process that would allow me to do this. In terms of the print based products, a lamination process was suggested to me by a peer. This was therefore to be used on all covers of the print based products, as well as the other products within the range. This would mean that the product could simply be wiped clean if any mess was to get on it - which is likely due to it's context. Unfortunately, during my print slot, the individual printing was unaware of how to laminate and was not familiar with the process. It was therefore suggest that I could simply use gloss paper, which would create the same effect visually, but wouldn't be wipe clean. This was the only option I could go for, but evidently the idea would be to have the covers and over products laminated. As well as this, in terms of content, all recipes were applied to a layout that offer a lot of white space around the sides of the publication. This meant that if dirty finger marks wee to get on the book, then they wouldn't obstruct the text. Acetate was also used for the bookmarks, which would allow the user to keep their place within the book, and return to the recipe without having to touch any of the pages. The inclusion of recipe cards on a stand and magnets were other alternatives added to the range of products, which offered mess free baking instructions. Finally, a tea towel was printed using digital textiles print, which not only shows how pattern can be applied over different formats, but a towel is evidently a useful way of cleaning up any mess made during baking.

Although I had organised my time extremely well by booking a print slot at least a month in advance, unfortunately, the printing of my recipe book content was messed up through no fault of my own. There was then no time left for me to finish the print as it was on a Saturday. I was then left with the only option but to go to drop in. This led to me waiting in a queue for six hours in order to be first on the list in the afternoon. Despite the hassle, it shows dedication, and I was glad I got a high quality print and finish in the end. 

I believe that the colours used and the use of illustration are appealing to my target audience, making it fun, lighthearted and giving it good shelf appeal. I put a few of my products into context to show how they would work in a baking environment.

Product range










Recipe book and tea towel



Recipe book and bookmarks


Recipe book




Inside pages













Recipe book and bookmarks










Magnets





Recipe cards and stand





Fridge magnets in context




No comments:

Post a Comment