Sunday 4 December 2011

PUTTING IT ON THE BOX FACE

Trying to put my ideas onto some form of format that matches that of the face I have been given. 
As the face isn't all that big, I didn't want to cram a whole load of information on there. 
The initial idea was to create symbols or icons that represented a list of guinea pig vocalisations and movements that I had researched into. After looking at the sounds, however, it became increasingly more obvious that they were going to be extremely difficult to portray through a symbol. When it came to some of the words, myself and the group weren't even completely sure what they even meant never mind what they'd look like (for example 'wheeking'). 
It was much easier to think up icons for guinea pig body language. I produced a few little naff ideas for a couple of them.

image traced and manipulated into positions from google images

Freezing, scent marking, touching noses and mounting (oh dear). 
Also had a go at tracing some images of guinea pigs on illustrator using the pen tool. Highly doubt i'll be using those....


Just thought I'd put this up here to embarrass myself and also because it's quite funny. Other members of my group will definitely be more skilled on illustrator than me and therefore my initial ideas will hopefully be able to be built upon in order to help my designs. 

Moved onto just trying to get some sort of layout going on that roughly fitted the sizing of my chosen face.



With the idea in mind of not wanting to cram tonnes of info on there, and also being unable to represent guinea pig sounds through image, I decided to stick with body language.
Four different movements were chosen here, however there are plenty more to choose from. Four seemed a sort of adequate amount to put on there for the time being as space is limited.


A general description of each movement plus symbol would then be placed underneath.
Image: http://www.wku.edu/Dept/Support/AcadAffairs/CTL/online/templates.html


No comments:

Post a Comment