Sunday 22 January 2012

FIGURING OUT THE HOTDOG

I started off my creating a few prototypes out of different stocks, using the images I took of the number 3, and looked at the possibility of making a little cover for the booklet.









I then had to figure out how it would work in terms of my idea. Luckily, my chosen poem has just the right amount of lines, it's just making the decision whether or not to make use of a separate cover. 





By writing out the lines of the poem, I was able to figure out where each different part would have to be when it came to creating it digitally. To begin with, it got quite muddled up and it took me ages to realise that half of the writing would have to be upside down. 


By splitting an A3 page into 8, I was able to go ahead and start putting the text in, and I began working towards an idea for the "front cover".
To go with the theme of love, I went out and purchased a bunch of ten pink flowers. With these, I hoped to create a poster through the use of photography, and I also wanted them to feature somewhere on the front. 
I began by taking some a whole load of photos and made decisions about which ones worked best. 


Using a clipping mask, and a custom shape with heart petals, I looked at designing something that could be used for the first page.




This then needed to be placed onto the booklet layout with the text in the correct order etc. The booklet is meant to be simple, so I wanted to keep it as clean as possible - the only focus should be on the poem as the reader flicks through. The stock I will use will probably be some sort of newsprint, something that is slightly off white.




No comments:

Post a Comment