Tuesday 18 October 2011

VISUAL LITERACY





After last weeks session, we were asked to go away and perfect the newly formed letters that we had created. From these, they were to be put into the previous format (1x1, 3x3, 5x5 etc) but both an outline and a filled-in version. 
Out of these letters, the best was chosen - the most legible etc. 
I chose my b's.


A name was to be assigned to the letter. I felt the most appropriate name, and what first came into my head, was 'potato block'. I felt these were reminiscent of what you would create from carving a shape into a potato and printing it. 
After further investigation into different features and weights etc of typefaces, these were then to be added on to the name given. 
'Potato Block Gothic Light' (first b)

No comments:

Post a Comment