Saturday 28 January 2012

CHANGING MY DESIGNS

How the designs have developed.



I wanted to create something that depicted the actual confectionary product. 


In order to do this I drew each part by hand, scanned them in and used the pen tool to create outlines, including the frame. I wanted to keep them clean and simple.





They were a bit of a weird shape to write in, therefore I had to create a copied type path that I could use to make a sort of 'border of text'.
At first, I tried to include facts that were reflective of the product - facts about food. In all honesty though, there aren't really that many circus food facts. I found one about the possible invention of the hamburger at a circus, and I had previously found a fact about how long popcorn had been around for. 

The plan was to turn these designs into labels by printing them onto sticker paper. These would then be stuck onto purchased sweet bags. This meant that I needed something that could keep the bags shut, which is why I decided to design some small logos, which can be seen below.





Whilst I like how these look, I feel that they might be a bit too cluttered. However, I felt it important to include the circus name.


These much simpler designs will probably work a lot better as an effective way of sealing the bags. If I was to use these, I would definitely include the name of the circus elsewhere on the bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment