Wednesday 29 February 2012

HOTDOG FINALS - evaluation

When it came to printing off my hotdog booklets, I decided on an off white newsprint stock. Once printed, I loved the effect. The image on the reverse side came out beautifully, and the yellow tones of the stock really changed the whole aesthetics of the photograph. 

Whilst folding my booklets, I encountered a number of problems. Unfortunately, the printers don't always line up, and was certainly the case this time round. On the vast majority of the books, I ended up having to chop ridiculous amounts of the post off in order for it to work, and many of them also ended up with the top of the first page missing, cutting through the text and image. This was of course disappointing, but it couldn't really have been helped. If I was to print these again, I would have to reconsider moving some of the design about, particularly the front page. The title would have to be lowered quite a bit, which is a shame. 

Overall, I was pleased mainly with how the reverse poster turned out, and it is something that I would personally display on my wall. However, I feel that I could have experimented a bit more with the poem and how it all fit together. I like the simplicity of the design, as the poem speaks for itself. However, those less familiar with it may not be so keen. Despite this, I feel that the poster works well individually, without the support of the poem.

(images on disk)

No comments:

Post a Comment