Saturday 7 January 2012

VISIT TO THE DOG'S TRUST


After getting in touch with The Dog's Trust just outside of Leeds, I was able to pay them a visit and I was taken around in order to collect some primary research. As an owner of two rescue dogs, a Fell Terrier and a Greyhound, I must admit that the whole experience was pretty heart wrenching, leading to my Mum actually crying.
It was insightful and inspiring to see the work that the people of the trust were doing, and it was interesting to hear about their own personal experiences. 


Sally the greyhound.


The dogs were kept in spacious pens indoors, with plenty of toys etc and the opportunity to go out into outside runs if they wished to do so. The glass on each pen had information up about each individual dog, stating their likes, dislikes and so on, as well as including their background story. In addition to this, there was a lot put up in order to sway people further into adopting the animals, like the 'GET ME OUT OF HERE' sign seen above.





You couldn't help but notice how sad some of the dogs looked. It was gutting to leave without being able to give one a home (definitely wasn't allowed). Instead, however, my parents and I made a considerable donation and also made the decision to sponsor a dog.


I came away with plenty of leaflets and information from the staff, which I will scan and blog on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment