Thursday 23 February 2012

CREATING MY POSTERS

POSTER 2

Although the posters didn't have to be a set, I felt that I wanted to create something that all fit in around each other. 



I tried this design with the previous blue colour scheme that was reflective of the rain. Once again, however, I feel that it just doesn't quite work, and doesn't represent a rainbow well enough. Rainbows are well known for their beautiful colours, and by taking these away I'm removing this special feature.
I looked at setting the text different also, by playing around with the spacing of the rainbow. It seemed too disjointed however when the 'in' was placed within the gap. I feel that the best option would be to spread it across the width of the image.



I wanted to keep things simple, displaying how rain could create some a phenomenon. I used Helvetica in order to relate the whole thing to Erik Kessel and his style of work, and also so things don't get too confused or busy on the poster. It works well with the simplicity of the rainbow, and the colours, and is effective with the space around it. 
The use of grey for the typeface was decided by one of my peers, who felt that black is always that little bit too harsh when surrounded by so much white.

No comments:

Post a Comment