Monday 5 March 2012

MAKING THEM DIGITAL

Once scanned in, I used the pen tool in order to trace round the images, making a few minor changes to the original illustrations. As we are only allowed two colours plus stock, I chose to play with different opacities, in hope that this would be acceptable. For each individual section, I copied the image and filled only that piece. I then removed the stroke and changed opacity to 65%. By doing this, the colours overlapped each other nicely. Once finished, I changed the stroke to the darker of the two colours, which gave me a repeated line effect, making it more playful and giving it more hand rendered feel.

We looked at a variety of different colour schemes, and conversed via Facebook as I was developing the designs.


We found it quite difficult to decide on a colour when just looking at them on screen. Jenna therefore put them onto a template she had created and printed them on. When we saw them the next day, although the print quality wasn't great, the colours just looked too washed out. Pastels really weren't working in a sense that they weren't cheerful enough and they weren't making the designs stand out. Because we're only allowed two colours, it also made it difficult when it came to legibility of type.




TEA CUPS 





COFFEE CUPS


COFFEE THING (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment