Tuesday 14 May 2013

WHAT IS GOOD - further page development

Below are the exports of the content and patterns. I have also now decided on an order and have therefore put in page numbers. The order of recipes was decided in terms of the colour of the patterns. As yellow was used quite often, I wanted to make sure that these were spread out throughout the publication so that it wasn't too repetitive. 











Changing the layout to 7 x 7 inch

Now that I had the base of my publication, I started to think about print. It was at this stage that I realised I had not fully considered print and paper size. I worked out that my publication wouldn't fit on A3, and as it is already £1.50 to print on A3 in digital print, I was definitely going to have to scale down my publication. This meant undergoing the lengthy process of creating the patterns again and also applying the content to a new, but similar layout. This is my own fault, and evidently is something I will consider in the future.

Below is the new layout using for the content of my book.


Allowing for more white space on the right hand side of the publication

Images below show this change

As the whole point in the recipe book is to cause less mess, I wanted to make sure there was quite a large amount of white space around the content, where the reader can hold the book, without getting baking products all over the text.


No comments:

Post a Comment