Tuesday 14 May 2013

WHAT IS GOOD - title page development

As I had my inside content, I needed to focus on creating the front cover. I didn't just want to use one of the patterns I had already created, therefore I decided to create a new pattern from my initial watercolour drawings. 

I began my building up the pattern using a number of different illustrations, creating a fresh and contemporary colour scheme.


I then deleted any illustration that did not cover the artboard, as this would just make the file size bigger and more difficult to work with. 


This was then exported so that anything outside of the artboard was cut off. 


The next step was to try and include the 'Cook But Don't Touch' title using my current typeface. This was experiment with on different areas of the pattern.




For some reason, the type just wasn't working effectively when placed on top of the pattern. I therefore felt that I could do something by hand that could mix well with both the type and illustration. Using a graphics tablet, I drew up this hand drawn text, which blended in so much more effectively. The use of blue was also much more vivid and eye catching to the customer.



No comments:

Post a Comment