Wednesday 8 May 2013

WHAT IS GOOD - recipe book developent

I started to mock up some possible page layouts for my recipe publication. As the illustrations are detailed in certain areas, and this aspect would be lost if the size was reduced, I felt that an entire page was going to have to be dedicated to the illustration itself. 

Initially, I struggled quite a lot to fit these designs into a publication format. I couldn't visualise how they would work alongside type, and whether or not there was enough for them to take up an entire page. I felt that they didn't represent the recipes well enough, and although I really liked the illustrations by themselves, I just couldn't see how they would work within an app format. As the app is one of the main parts of my project, I need to be able to apply the book to a digital setting. If I was unable to use these illustrations on such a small scale then I was going to have to re-think my entire book.

The below illustrations show how the use of colour, pattern and border was explored in terms of publication layout. 

Strawberry cheesecake

Sunflower cupcakes
Victoria sponge

Ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment